My fiance and I have already celebrated Valentine’s Day! While we won’t do anything on February 14th, we made sure to show our appreciation and love for one other throughout the entire weekend. We binged our (new) favorite shows, sampled some modern Chinese cuisine, and kept to our primary tradition; a delicious, home-cooked meal accompanied by a bottle of red.
While the dinner was exquisite, I always enjoy throwing in a sweet surprise… dessert.
This vegan, gluten-free chocolate tart was so light and delectable, I couldn’t help but share the previously top-secret recipe with you.
Put your chef hats on for this one, because your Valentine’s Day is going to end with a strawberry on top.
1. Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9 or 10-inch tart pan. (I used a 9" cake pan in the pictures.)
2. Add all of the crust ingredients into a large bowl and and mix thoroughly. Add the crust mixture into the pan and press down firmly to form a crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust starts to brown.
3. While the crust bakes, add the chocolate chips to a glass or metal bowl and set aside.
4. Add the almond milk, coconut milk, and cornstarch to a small sauce pan and whisk to combine. Make sure to stir until all lumps dissolve. Heat mixture over medium-high heat, until it just starts to boil.
5. Next, remove from the heat and add in the coconut oil,
6. Once coconut oil is melted, pour the filling mixture over the chocolate chips and add in the vanilla extract. Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes to melt the chocolate, and then stir until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
7. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared crust and allow it to cool completely. Once cool, cover with tin foil and place the tart in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until the filling has set .
8. Add sliced strawberries on top and enjoy!